TFI Network+ Small Project Funding: Resource Efficiency, Recovery and Circular Economy
Deadline: 1st October 2021
Transforming Foundation Industries Network+ is pleased to announce it’s second call for small project applications.
This call is open to projects on the theme ‘resource efficiency, recovery and circular economy’ within the Foundation Industries.
The ability to re-use, recycle or repurpose products and raw materials has significant challenges in the foundation industries, as without careful process analysis this activity can actually increase energy and material costs, or result in inferior products. We are seeking projects that will help evaluate the properties of recycled and substitute feedstocks through improved analytical methods, or develop processes that use alternative feedstocks or are more forgiving of feedstock quality and ensure that feedstock supplies are geopolitically secure. Resource efficiency is not limited to reuse of waste, but also means using the Earth’s limited resources in a sustainable manner while minimising impacts on the environment. It allows us to create more with less and to deliver greater value with less input.
The TFI Network+ is therefore requesting proposals for short term projects (6 months duration for academic led projects or a maximum of £56k at 80% FEC, 3 months duration for ECR led projects) in the area of Resource Efficiency, Recovery and the Circular Economy.
Proposals will be accepted in areas such as (but not limited to):
● Alternatives to existing feedstocks
● Alternatives to landfill, export or incineration
● Reuse of waste from one foundation industry as a feedstock for another
● Design of compositions that can better accommodate lower quality feedstocks
● Better or more rapid detection of impurities in feedstocks
● Reuse of waste heat
● Resource efficiency within multiple sectors
● Life cycle or techno-economic analysis of new processes, (e.g. resource efficiency solutions).
Applications are open to members of the TFI Network+. Become a member by visiting https://tfinetworkplus.org/join-tfi-network/
Applications can be made through the ‘members’ section of members profiles.