- This event has passed.
Construction 2050: The Future Material Requirements of the Construction Sector
24 March 2022 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
The foundation industries operate on long term investment cycles. This means that many companies are now planning the facilities that will be in operation in 2050. But the need to reduce carbon emissions and improve resource efficiency are impacting not just the foundation industries, but also their customers. What types of materials and products will their customers be wanting to purchase this far into the future?
The construction sector is a major customer for foundation industry products, including cement, glass, metals and bulk ceramics. The Transforming foundation industries challenge – UKRI is supporting the development of innovative technology to reduce energy and resource use within the foundation industries.
BRE has been commissioned to help the Foundation Industries understand the future material requirements of the UK construction sector, including:
- Market opportunities and threats.
- The possible impact of disruptive products or business models.
- Their short and medium term research needs.
Innovate UK KTN, Innovate UK and BRE are inviting you to attend an online workshop and networking event, which will bring together the foundation industries and the construction industry to understand the drivers and future material requirements of the sector. At this event we will have the opportunity to hear about:
- Insights into the initial findings from the research project carried out by BRE
- Delve deeper into specific challenge areas for Construction
- Hear from key construction sector representatives on their innovation requirements
- Opportunity to network and meet with industry and institutions