Research Associate/Research Fellow/Post Doc (Low Carbon Concrete, CO2 Capture)
Concrete4Change have an exciting opportunity for a highly qualified & experienced Research Associate/Fellow to join our team on a partner track in as part of the Low carbon concrete consortium.
Job Title: Research Associate or Research fellow or Post Doc (Low Carbon Concrete, CO2 Capture)
Location: Home office & University of Warwick
Remuneration: Competitive Salary
• Basic salary + competitive bounce upon on the achieving milestones
Start date and end date (approx): This is a permanent position (Immediate start – Flexible on start date based on notice period).
Hours: Flexible working hours ~ 50% home office -50% University of Warwick
Concrete4Change (C4C) is a R&D company that is developing a ground-breaking technology to utilise and permanently mineralise CO2 in concrete. C4C technology won a wide range of awards including the United Nations (UN) most innovative Net- Zero technology Climate Challenge Cup at COP26 in Glasgow, Royal Academy of Engineering and UNSDG. C4C is partly owned by two of the largest concrete manufacturers in the World (Siam Cement Group and Goldbeck GmBH). C4C is running several project in partnership with University of Nottingham, University of Sheffield & University of Warwick (total project value of £1.2M for 2022-2023).
This is a research and development position with significant progress opportunities in a fast-growing team. You will be part of the core R&D team in order to deliver the project milestones and directly contribute to C4C’s growth.
Please see the specification of the roles & responsibilities below:
• PhD degree in chemistry, engineering, science or a closely related field, or equivalent research, industrial experience
• Experience running independent research projects, ability to design and conduct research addressing fundamental scientific questions (including PhD project).
• R&D experience of developing low carbon concrete
• Understanding carbonation mechanisms, and critical assessment of CO2 uptake and concrete performance over various life stages (product, use and end-of-life)
• Well organised, attention to detail, critical thinking, and ability to work independently
• Experience of managing R&D grants
• Experience in carbon capture utilisation and storage
• Experience in patent writing and grant proposal development
• Experience in the mineralisation of CO2 for various applications• Experience of journal publication and/or IP generation
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Design and carry out day to day tests for carbon capture and utilisation in concrete (feasibility phase £50k)
• Evaluation of carbon capture and utilization (CCU) techniques on the properties and long- term performance of cement-based materials
• Contribute to the C4C IPR for CO2 adsorption technologies.
• Contribute in the £500k grant for the next phase of project
• Conduct cost-benefit analysis and LCA of the material developed
C4C is seeking people who want to do applied science and use their skills to build a sustainable world. We offer typical employee benefits plus a share of what we will build together.
• Opportunity to work at University of Warwick and Warwick Manufacturing Group
• Work with multibillion concrete companies
• Unique opportunity to lead £500k project – Upon to the success of current phase
• A competitive flexible annual holiday entitlement.
• A pension scheme
• A competitive bonus upon achieving milestones
• A flexible working hours
• A mix of approximately 50% remote and 50% lab work.
• Unrivalled career progression for both academic and industrial pathway
• An interesting company social calendar
To apply please send a copy of your CV and Cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Published: October 4th, 2022
Posted in Postdoctoral Research Opportunities