Early Career Researcher Open Funding Call
The TFI Network+ is looking to fund high quality projects that, with industrial participation, have potential to drive transformative impact in the foundation industries, and will also enhance the career of the applicant. We would particularly welcome participation from companies who don’t have much experience of working with the Foundation Industries, but see potential to develop relationships with this sector. This could include for example, SMEs with little experience of applying for research or development funding, or working with Foundation Industries, but have skills and technology that may have a transformative impact on the Foundation Industries.
Projects may be in any discipline, or interdisciplinary.
The impact of such projects will be to:
● Reduce waste, resource use, water use or energy consumption
● Support the development of circular supply chains
● Improve the recyclability or reuse of materials
● Create new sustainable materials or chemical processes and/or products
● Improve productivity or profitability of companies
● Provide evidence for future policy interventions
● Support the applicant’s career aspirations
The above list is not exclusive, and we would welcome ideas from the engineering and physical sciences, social sciences and the arts & humanities. Projects should be short term (up to 3 months) and low TRL. Projects may be extended to 6 months via industrially funded secondments.
● Call opens: 9th May 2022
● Deadline for applications: 16:00, 15th July 2022
● Funding decision: 15th Sept 2022
● Project start date: Oct/Nov 2022
● End date: variable, but expected to be 3 to 6 months from start date
Published: April 29th, 2022
Posted in Funding Opportunities